Rhythmic Recreation Classes
Develop fudamental Rhythmic gymnastics apparatus and body skills, while developing the flexibility and strength needed to execute correct Rhythmic technique.
Term Dates 2023
Monday 9th October - Saturday 16th December
- Gym closed Monday 23rd October- Labour Day Public Holiday
- Gym closed Friday 17th November- Canterbury Day Holiday
The Rhythmic Recreation class allows children to build apparatus handling and flexibility skills using Ropes, Ribbons, Balls and Hoops as well as developing dance. Many competitive Rhythmic Gymnasts start out in rhythmic recreation classes. From 2024 we'll be introducing more apparatus skills and opportunities for recognition of gymnast's progression.
Duration: 1 hour
- Thursday 3:30-4:30pm
- Saturday 8:30-9:30am
I have enrolled - what else do I need to know:
Children can wear either bike pants or leggings or shorts with a fitted T-shirt or leotard. Please ensure the clothing is reasonably tight fitting and not baggy
For safety reasons clothing should not have buttons, buckles or zips as these can catch on the equipment.
For safety reasons all long hair must be tied up using a plain hair tie.
Shoes are not allowed in the gym itself and children wear socks or bare feet.
When the children arrive they can leave their shoes, bag, etc in the cubby holes under the stair case or on the mezzanine floor area.
Rhythmic girls meet at the ballet room door which is located at the end of the foyer to the right of the staircase.
- If you are late please ask your child to join their group or come into the office for a staff member to take them into the main gym area.
- Parents are requested not to enter the main gym hall at any time and to contact an office member if access to your child is required. The mezzanine floor is available for viewing the class your child is enrolled in.
- Prices listed above are based on a 10 week term and vary according to public holidays and gym closures.
PLEASE NOTE when registering, a child can either be enrolled in a class or placed on a wait list if the class is full:
- Enrolment in a class: a child is confirmed in a class after an invoice has been received via email and paid. The invoice sends automatically upon completing the registration process. Class placement is not confirmed until paid.
- Placed on a wait list: if an invoice is not received the child IS NOT enrolled. When on the wait list an orange "wait list" button is highlighted next to the class in the child's registration details. A child is moved from the wait list when a place becomes available and an invoice will be emailed. This confirms the child is enrolled in the class starting immediately pending payment
- Trial class: we do not offer trial classes. We ask members to register for the term and have their child take part in the class for at least two weeks. If for any reason your child is not enjoying the class after two weeks, we are happy to refund the remainder of the term's fees. A child who participates in a class for more than two weeks is not eligible for a refund
- Late payment penalty: Late payment will incur a late payment penalty fee. You will not be able to enroll into a class for the next term if there are outstanding fees on your account.