School Holiday Programme
School Holiday Programme Ages 5-13 years
29 Springs Rd, Wigram, Christchurch
Upcoming Holiday Programmes:
Summer Holiday Programme 2024
Dates: 8th - 26th January
All children are required to be signed in and signed out by an adult upon drop off/pick up.
- Morning session (9am - 1pm) $45
- Afternoon session (1pm - 5pm) $45
- Full-day session (9am - 5pm) $65
NOTE: Once your account is created you will be able to select the dates you wish your child to attend and the discount will automatically be applied based on the number of bookings. Invoices will be automatically emailed or you can pay on booking through our Ezidebit system.
Discount available - Book 10 sessions for the same child and receive a 10% discount!
**Please note that if you book 10 sessions and receive the discount but then cancel any sessions to equal under 10 then you will no longer be eligible for the discount and your fees will be adjusted accordingly. Sessions must be booked together in the same holiday period to be eligible**
Half day= 1 session
Full day= 2 sessions
For working parents with children in the full day programme from 9-5pm, you are welcome to drop off your children to us from 8.30am and pick up by 5.30pm. During this time (8:30-9am and 5-5:30pm) children will have unsupervised quiet time upstairs in the mezzanine area, where there are board games and colouring to entertain them. We hope this service provides you with a semi-stress free holiday period! Please note our programme caters for all ages and abilities.
Your child will:
- Have fun and build confidence
- Explore and develop new skills
- Gain strength, agility & flexibility
- Meet new friends in a safe environment
- Use all large/small gymnastics equipment (trampolines, beams, bars, vault, double mini, balls, hoops)
All sessions are supervised by a Lead Coach and our team of knowledgable coaches. Our coaches are energetic, enthusiastic, enjoy working with children and teaching them gymnastic based skills. Any additional activities over and above gymnastics based sessions will be advertised here closer to the holiday period.
General Day Plan
9:00 - 9:45am
Welcome, warm up game & stretch
9:45 - 10:45am
10:45 - 11:00am
Free time in the gym
11:00 - 11:30am
11:30am - 12:00pm
Group game time
12:00 - 1:00pm
Themed gymnastics activity
1:00 - 1:30pm
1:30 - 2:00pm
2:00 - 2:45pm
2:45 - 3:15pm
Special activity (i.e fort building, obstacle course ect)
3:15 - 3:30pm
Free Time in the gym
3:30pm - 4:00pm
Movie time/ board games
What to bring:
- Food- Children should being enough food for the time they are attending. Children attending for a half-day should bring enough for a mid morning/afternoon snack. Children attending a full day should bring enough food for lunch and 2 snack breaks. Please do not pack any nuts as there may be children attending with food allergies.
- Drink Bottle- Children should bring their own drink bottles filled with water.
- Socks- Please ensure your children bring socks each day to wear on the trampolines.
- Hat and Sunscreen- Should the weather allow, children will be able to have outdoor time on the playground. To be sun safe children will need adequate UV protection.
- Sneakers/ Outdoor Shoes- Shoes that can be worn for being active outdoors.
I have enrolled - what else do I need to know:
Children can wear either bike pants or leggings or shorts with a fitted T-shirt or leotard. Please ensure the clothing is reasonably tight fitting and not baggy. We have an on-site leotard store where leotards can be purchased.We have an on-site leotard store where leotards can be purchased.
For safety reasons clothing should not have buttons, buckles or zips as these can catch on the equipment.
For safety reasons all long hair must be tied up using a plain elasticised hair tie or scrunchie.
Shoes are not allowed in the gym itself and children are to wear socks or bare feet.
When children arrive they can leave their shoes, bag, etc in the cubby holes under the stair case or on the mezzanine floor area.
A Coach will come up to the mezzanine floor to call the class - you should head straight upstairs when you arrive. We ask that parents take note which class your child is enrolled in to ensure that your child goes with the correct coach.
- If you are late please ask your child to join their group or come into the office for a staff member to take them into the main gym area.
- Parents are requested not to enter the main gym hall at any time and to contact an office member if access to your child is required. The mezzanine floor is available for viewing the class your child is enrolled in.
- Children will complete a "Progress Check" during 2 weeks of classes towards the end of term to asses whether they are ready to move up to the next level. After both sessions a certificate will be awarded to the gymnast advising which class to re-enrol into for the following term.
- Prices listed above are based on a 10 week term and vary according to public holidays and gym closure
- If your child has any medical conditions please alert the staff when you enrol your child.
- Payment must be made in full before the day your child attends.