Develop strength, flexibility and co-ordination with our Boys specific gymnastics classes working on all 6 Men's Gymnastics apparatus - Floor, Pommel, Rings, Vault, Paralell Bar, High Bar.
Enrolment Dates 2023
Monday 30th January – Thursday 6th April
Registrations open NOW
Monday 24th April- Sunday 2nd July
Current members 20th March
General Public 27th March
This class is designed to teach male specific gymnastics apparatus, along side fundamental gymnastics movements and skills. Boys will learn the basics of rings, p-bars, pommel, bar and floor.
Duration: 1 hour
Boys Recreation Class Times :
- Thursday 3:30pm
- Friday 3:30pm
- Saturday 10:30am
If your son wishes to further involve themselves in Gymnastcis we have our Pre-Competitive and Regional Competitive Pathways you can enquire about at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Pre-competitive programmes builds on the flexibility, strength and skill work devloped in Recreation. With more time in the gym the boys are able to further develop their skills, enjoyment of the sport and prepare for high level gymnastics down the road. There are potentially competitions for the boys to attend if they wish to. Pre-competitive trains 3 hours a week consisting of two lots of 1.5 hour trainings per week.
Regional Competitive Pathway
The Regional Competitive pathway is our general competitie programme developing towards competitions in Christchurch and around the South Isand. We do like to clarify that this is not a pathway that leads onto national and international representation. This programme does give gymnasts the opportunity to learn and develop skills of a high level and have the experience of competing and representing their club. We find this program to be a good fit for most gymnasts and families and offer a great balance of commitment and enjoyment. Boys in the Regional Programme train 4 hours per week consisting of two lots of 2 hour trainings.
I have enrolled - what else do I need to know:
Children can wear either bike pants or leggings or shorts with a fitted T-shirt or leotard. Please ensure the clothing is reasonably tight fitting and not baggy
For safety reasons clothing should not have buttons, buckles or zips as these can catch on the equipment.
For safety reasons all long hair must be tied up using a plain elasticised hair tie.
Shoes are not allowed in the gym itself and children wear socks or bare feet.
When the children arrive they can leave their shoes, bag, etc in the cubby holes under the stair case or on the mezzanine floor area.
A Coach will come up to the mezzanine floor to call the class - you should head straight upstairs when you arrive.
- If you are late please ask your child to join their group or come into the office for a staff member to take them into the main gym area.
- Parents are requested not to enter the main gym hall at any time and to contact an office member if access to your child is required. The mezzanine floor is available for viewing the class your child is enrolled in.
- Prices listed above are based on a 10 week term and vary according to public holidays and gym closures.
PLEASE NOTE when registering, a child can either be enrolled in a class or placed on a wait list if the class is full:
- Enrolment in a class: a child is confirmed in a class after an invoice has been received via email and paid. The invoice sends automatically upon completing the registration process. Class placement is not confirmed until paid.
- Placed on a wait list: if an invoice is not received the child IS NOT enrolled. When on the wait list an orange "wait list" button is highlighted next to the class in the child's registration details. A child is moved from the wait list when a place becomes available and an invoice will be emailed. This confirms the child is enrolled in the class starting immediately pending payment.
- Trial Class: we do not offer trial classes. We ask members to register for the term and have their child take part in the class for at least two weeks. If for any reason your child is not enjoying the class after two weeks, we are happy to refund the remainder of the term's fees. A child who particpates in a class for more than two weeks is not eligible for a refund.
- Late payment penalty: Late payment will incur a late payment penalty fee. You will not be able to enrol into a class for the next term if there are outstanding fees on your account.
- Term 2 Gym closures: Tuesday 25th April (ANZAC Day), Saturday 29th April (South Island Trampoline Competition), Monday 5th June (King's Birthday)