Welcome to Olympia's New Recreational Gymnastics Programme!
Our new recreational programme will be starting from Term 1 2024, and we are so excited! Over recent months, the Olympia team has been hard at work redesigning recreational programmes that develop fundamental movement skills and gymnastic based skills for Artistic, Rhythmic and Trampoline. The purpose of the changes to our programmes is to provide a cohesive and logical progression for children to grown in confidence and skills through gymnastics. We are providing challenges and opportunities from preschool through to teens, with entry points at any age or ability. Start here, go anywhere! Over the coming week, you will receive an email advising the best placement for your child into the new framework.
Please see below an overview of our new classes:
Gymskills Rhythmic - Replacing Rhythmic Recreation, Gymskills has defined levels of progression for your child. Gymnasts will be started at the level best suited to them, between one and 6, with the possibility to progress past level 6 into our Regional Competitive Rhythmic Programme (GFA).
The Rhythmic Recreation class allows children to build apparatus handling and flexibility skills using Ropes, Ribbons, Balls and Hoops as well as developing dance. Many competitive Rhythmic Gymnasts started out in recreation rhythmic classes.
Price based on a 10 week term
I have enrolled - what else do I need to know:
Children can wear either bike pants or leggings or shorts with a fitted T-shirt or leotard. Please ensure the clothing is reasonably tight fitting and not baggy
For safety reasons clothing should not have buttons, buckles or zips as these can catch on the equipment.
For safety reasons all long hair must be tied up using a plain elasticised hair tie.
Shoes are not allowed in the gym itself and children wear socks or bare feet.
When the children arrive they can leave their shoes, bag, etc in the cubby holes under the stair case or on the mezzanine floor area.
Rhythmic girls meet at the ballet room door which is located at the end of the foyer to the right of the staircase.
- If you are late please ask your child to join their group or come into the office for a staff member to take them into the main gym area.
- Parents are requested not to enter the main gym hall at any time and to contact an office member if access to your child is required. The mezzanine floor is available for viewing the class your child is enrolled in.
- Prices listed above are based on a 10 week term and vary according to public holidays and gym closures.
PLEASE NOTE when registering, a child can either be enrolled in a class or placed on a wait list if the class is full:
- Enrolment in a class: a child is confirmed in a class after an invoice has been received via email and paid. The invoice sends automatically upon completing the registration process. Class placement is not confirmed until paid.
- Placed on a wait list: if an invoice is not received the child IS NOT enrolled. When on the wait list an orange "wait list" button is highlighted next to the class in the child's registration details. A child is moved from the wait list when a place becomes available and an invoice will be emailed. This confirms the child is enrolled in the class starting immediately pending payment
- Trial class: we do not offer trial classes. We ask members to register for the term and have their child take part in the class for at least two weeks. If for any reason your child is not enjoying the class after two weeks, we are happy to refund the remainder of the term's fees. A child who particpates in a class for more than two weeks is not eligible for a refund
- Late payment penalty: Late payment will incur a late payment penalty fee. You will not be able to enrol into a class for the next term if there are outstanding fees on your account.