Pioneer Gymnastics Classes
Recreation Gymnastics at Pioneer Recreation and Sport Centre - 75 Lyttleton Street, Somerfield
Olympia are excited to bring our outstanding recreation Gymnastics Program to Pioneer Recreation Centre!
Our qualified and experienced coaches are excited to serve the Pioneer community with our 10 level gymnastics progression program.
This program is suitable for boys and girls ages 5-12 years old.
Term 3 2021 Monday 26th July - Saturday 2nd October.
*Please note there are no classes on Tuesday 24th August at Pioneer due to the stadium not being available.
Term 2 2021 Monday 3rd May - Saturday 10th July
Tuesday $121.50 - 1 hour class; 9 sessions across a 10 week term
*No classesTuesday 24th August due to Pioneer Stadium not being available.
- 3:45-4:45pm Beginner, Intermediate
- 4:45-5:45pm Beginner, Intermediate & Extension
Thursday $135 - 1 hour class; 10 week term
- 3:45-4:45pm - Beginner, Intermediate
- 4:45-5:45pm - Beginner, Intermediate & Extension
Please read the above link to access our General Information sheet for Pioneer Gymnastics
Beginner Recreation Class - Suitable for children starting off in Gymnastics. This class is based on Artistic Gymnastics and includes Vault, Bar, Beam and Floor. There is a level of Physcial Preparation to ensure reduction of injury.
Intermediate Recreation Class - Suitable for children with over 3 terms experience in Gymnastics. This class is based on Artistic Gymnastics and includes Vault, Bar, Beam and Floor. There is a level of Physcial Preparation to ensure reduction of injury.
Extension Recreation Class - Suitable for those gymnasts who are ready for a longer class time to build on their previous ability and develop more challenging skills. This is a great way to lead into our Regional Competitive Programme which develops gymnasts to compete in events in Christchurch and the South Island and develop higher level gymnastics (Based out of Olympia's Wigram facitliy).
PLEASE NOTE when registering, a child can either be enrolled in a class or placed on a wait list if the class is full:
- enrolment in a class: a child is confirmed in a class after an invoice has been received via email and paid. The invoice sends automatically upon completing the registration process. Class placement is not confirmed until paid.
- placed on a wait list: if an invoice is not received the child IS NOT enrolled. When on the wait list an orange "wait list" button is highlighted next to the class in the child's registration details. A child is moved from the wait list when a place becomes available and an invoice will be emailed. This confirms the child is enrolled in the class starting immediately pending payment
I have enrolled - what else do I need to know:
Children can wear either bike pants or leggings or shorts with a fitted T-shirt or leotard. Please ensure the clothing is reasonably tight fitting and not baggy
For safety reasons clothing should not have buttons, buckles or zips as these can catch on the equipment.
For safety reasons all long hair must be tied up using a plain elasticised hair tie.
Shoes are not allowed in the gym itself and children wear socks or bare feet.
When the children arrive they can leave their shoes, bag, etc in the cubby holes under the stair case or on the mezzanine floor area.
A Coach will come up to the mezzanine floor to call the class - you should head straight upstairs when you arrive.
- If you are late please ask your child to join their group or come into the office for a staff member to take them into the main gym area.
- Parents are requested not to enter the main gym hall at any time and to contact an office member if access to your child is required. The mezzanine floor is available for viewing the class your child is enrolled in.