Level 2 - ALL CLASSES BACK OPEN - With Restrictions
Dear Olympia Members,
Following on from the announcement from the Prime Minister on Friday the 14th August we will be staying at Alert Level 2. All classes including Recreation, Open Gym/Parkour and Adult gym will resume Monday 17th August.
We have been working hard over the last few days to work out a plan to ensure that ALL our gymnasts can still attend training during this time. Studying our daily enrolment/class numbers we will be able to operate all our classes (Including Recreation, Open gym/Parkour and Adult Gym) and remain under the 100 person limit.
We will however need to put in place a few alterations to how things run to make this happen.
- Our Mezzanine floor is closed and we will only be allowing gymnasts in the building. Parents can drop and pick up their children from the front door. You are welcome to wait in your car.
- We ask that children only enter the building for their class no more than 5 mins prior – as we will have no waiting area available. Please also try to ensure that your child is not arriving late to class.
- Upon arrival children will all need to have their name signed off and then wash their hands before entering the gym.
- The water fountain will not be in use so please have your child bring a drink bottle along.
- All 1 Hour Rec Classes - Hot Shots, High Flyers, Rhythmic Rec and Tramp Rec will all end 5 mins earlier than usual. This is to try and help avoid the congestion of one class ending and another class starting at the same time.
- Little Twisters classes we ask that 1 x adult comes down on the floor with their child for classes to assist them with maintaining social distancing where possible.
- Little Twisters & Movers and Shakers classes will also not be able to have extended numbers of family attend or spectate. 1 x adult per child only in the building.
- Our coaches will be enforcing social distancing where possible but for safety reasons coaches may still be required to “spot” (physically assist) gymnasts with certain skills. Coaches will be washing hands before and after each class and sanitizer is readily available in the gym for them to use whilst out on the floor.
- We have heightened our cleaning of the gym. Coaches will also be wiping down equipment before and after sessions.
- Some of our coaches may choose to wear a mask while coaching – some children may be a bit startled by this so best to speak with your child about this possibility prior to attending class next week.
We understand that some of these changes may be tough to adapt to at first, but we want to ensure we are following the guidelines in place and keeping our community safe!
We thank you for your understanding and cooperation
Olympia Gymnastic Sports